COVID-19 Policy/Procedures Update *TEMPORARY CLOSURE*
Per CDC recommendations, we are currently CLOSED except for emergencies until the stay at home order is lifted and we are advised that it is safe to return to routine eye care. Please call our office if you have an emergency or to schedule pick up of your glasses or contacts.
Dear patients and clients of Franklin Park Vision
As we are certain you are, we too are closely monitoring information and guidance from the CDC, Washington State Department of Health about the local COVID-19 outbreak. Rest assured we are doing everything we can to keep Franklin Park Vision safe for our patients, clients, and office team staff.
Here are some of the ways we are handling this situation at Franklin Park Vision:
- Franklin Park Vision will be following the CDC’s recommendation to postpone routine eye exams starting on 03/19/2020. We will be seeing urgent problems and emergencies only thereafter until advised that it is safe to return to normal operations. We will have staff available to answer your questions via phone and email Monday -Friday from 8:30-5:00. We will be dispensing glasses and contacts at limited times thereafter, please call our office for the best time to pick up your glasses. If you experience sudden vision changes, redness, injury or infection, or have any other questions please call our office at 509-487-0600.
- We ask that you stay at home if you are symptomatic with a fever, cough, shortness of breath, and/or have recently traveled internationally, particularly to areas with known outbreaks (China, Iran, Italy, Japan, and South Korea), or with family members recently back from one of these countries.
- If you have symptoms of an eye infection (conjunctivitis or “pink eye”), we recommend seeing your PCP or nearest emergency room since this may represent a manifestation of the Coronavirus.
- Our team is sanitizing clinical facilities (countertops, exam instruments, etc.) between examinations throughout the day.
- We will continue our normal handwashing and hygiene procedures per the Washington State Department of Health guidelines.
- We will continue to maintain our high standards of cleanliness and sanitation in the general office areas.
- Our staff will self-quarantine themselves if they have a fever and/or symptoms of an upper respiratory infection, or have been in close contact with someone with the same symptoms.
Where can you find accurate information about COVID-19?
- Facts about COVID-19 from the CDC
- Washington State Health Department COVID-19 page is informative and is updated daily
- The Washington State Department of Health has established a call center to address questions from the public. If you have questions about what is happening in Washington, how the virus is spread, and what to do if you have symptoms, please call 1(800) 525-0127 and press #.
Should COVID-19 appear at Franklin Park Vision, we will close and evaluate the situation.
Thank you for your vigilance during this rapidly evolving situation. Our number one priority is the safety and well-being of our community.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.